Job98456
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Job98456

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Internet Connection using AirTel GPRS

Go down 
AuthorMessage
raj_mmm9

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2008-03-08

Internet Connection using AirTel GPRS Empty
PostSubject: Internet Connection using AirTel GPRS   Internet Connection using AirTel GPRS EmptySat 12 Apr - 18:53

These day, after completing my graduation from MANIT Bhopal, I am in Muzaffarpur my home town. Internet Connection in this small town is a big thing. Thanks to GPRS of AirTel and my Motorola cellphone, I have internet connection. Internet connection using AirTel GPRS is almost free, just you have to pay 250 per month in the form of talktime. There is unlimited internet access and unlimited download in this plan. So you don’t have to worry about your time limits while accessing the internet. The installation is very simple, just you have to follow 4-5 steps.
I am giving the process of installation of internet using AirTel GPRS.

Requirements :: A pc or labtop, a cell-phone with GPRS facility, a data cable to connect the cell-phone to labtop or pc if your cell-phone has bluetooth or infra-red facility then you don’t need datacable.

First of all you have to call customer care (121) to activate your GPRS. It may take 2 or 3 days.
After your connection is activated they send you some settings as per as your mobile phone, you have to enable those settings.
Now install the driver of the data cable and connect your cell-phone to the pc or labtop.
Just in the driver software you will get the internet settings options, enable those options and double click to start. you will have Connecting Device : Your mobile’s modem ISP Name : Airtel (or anything you like)Phone Number : *99***2# Username and Password : blank
Connect to the dial-up account. You will be connected at 115.2 kbps (However it never happens).
Now you can access internet connection in your pc or laptop for a minimal amount. However the biggest problem with this connection is its slow speed. But this generally happens with any wireless connection. Also, the connectivity depends upon the AirTel Signals in your area.
Back to top Go down

Internet Connection using AirTel GPRS
Page 1 of 1