Job98456
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Job98456

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Clickbank FAQ - Marketplace FAQ

Go down 
AuthorMessage
bharath_ddd7

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2008-03-15

Clickbank FAQ - Marketplace FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Clickbank FAQ - Marketplace FAQ   Clickbank FAQ - Marketplace FAQ EmptySun 30 Mar - 19:02

. How do I submit my product into the Marketplace? How do I select which category? How many categories can I list my product(s)?

If you want to be listed in the ClickBank Marketplace, your account must first be categorized. For example, you may choose "Money & Employment -Entrepreneur", and "Marketing & Ads - Consulting". You will find the available categories by visiting the Marketplace or by logging in to your account and going to the "Accounts Settings" tab and then go to "My Site". Your account must also be activated, which means that you have submitted a product approval for at least one product to be sold through that account, had that product approved by the ClickBank Product Approval Team, and paid the one-time activation charge for that account.
If you are about to submit your first product approval request, then you can select the two ClickBank Marketplace categories you think fit your site best. To do so, follow the instructions below:

Click on the "Account Settings" tab.
Click on "My Site".
Under "Marketplace Categories", there are two dropdowns. Select one or two categories that you feel best represent your site.
Click "Save Changes".
Your category selections will appear in the Product Approval Form that you submit with your first product approval request. The ClickBank Product Approval Team will consider your suggestions as part of the approval process. Please keep in mind that they may select different categories for your site, or decategorize your site from the Marketplace if there are no suitable categories. Once your first product has been approved, you can no longer make changes to the categories that have been selected. Any requested changes from that point forward must be submitted to the Product Approval Team for their review.

Please note the following:

Once your Activation Charge is paid, if your account has been categorized, your site will be added to ClickBank's Marketplace within the next business day.
Uncategorized products will not be listed in the Marketplace
Your product may be categorized under two listings in the Marketplace, but you can't select additional categories for each individual item
Each "New Products" sub-category is updated automatically and therefore cannot be chosen as a destination for your product. The same holds true for the main categories, as they are also updated automatically with top performers from their respective sub-categories.
You must provide ClickBank with a Marketplace Title and Marketplace Description for your site in order to be listed. This is the information that customers and prospective affiliates will see when browsing the Catalog and the Marketplace. To add this information:
Complete the "Marketplace Title" and "Marketplace Description" fields, then click "SAVE CHANGES".
The affiliate hoplinks will direct customers to the Hoplink Target URL listed in your account on this same page. Be sure that the Hoplink Target URL you currently have listed is your desired landing page!
Your site must refer at least one sale every thirty days to remain listed in the Marketplace.
2. How often is the Marketplace updated?

The ClickBank Marketplace is updated every night. Changes made to your account will not update in the Marketplace until the nightly update has been completed.

3. If my product does not fit in one of ClickBank's categories, will Clickbank add or change the categories?

Clickbank will not be adding or changing categories at this time.

4. What information is searched?

Currently, the ClickBank Marketplace search looks for terms that match in the Marketplace Title and the Marketplace Description listed in the publisher's ClickBank account. This is the same information that has always existed in the ClickBank Marketplace. It does not search by the ClickBank nickname of the account. For recurring billing products, it does not search by the Product Title and Product Description. It also does not search any of our publishers' websites or keywords listed on those websites

5. What if I can't find the information that I am looking for?

If you can't find the website that you are looking for, you may need to refine your search. It is best to use the minimum number of words necessary to find your desired results. You may also want to use an advanced search. For more information on how to perform an advanced search, please refer to the search help in the Marketplace.

6. How are the searches ranked?

Search results are initially sorted by "popularity" in descending order, the same way as browsing through categories in the Marketplace. Search results are not sorted or ranked by search relevance or score. You can also use the drop down box directly above the search results to re-sort the results set by any of the following criteria in descending order: - Popularity - Gravity High - Gravity Low - $/Sale - Future $ - Total $ - % Earned/Sale - % Referred - Commission %. Definitions for these terms can be found HERE.

7. What is the Marketplace feed?

The Marketplace feed is a file containing an XML representation of the ClickBank Marketplace. It is intended for individuals who would like to have access to the full Marketplace without having to "scrape" it from the site. The file is in Zip format to reduce its size during download. The file must be unzipped before it can be parsed or viewed. Tools such as Winzip can perform this task.

8. Where can I get the Marketplace feed?

The Marketplace feed is available by clicking HERE.

9. I tried to open the Marketplace feed in my browser and my browser had trouble with it.

The Marketplace feed is very large! It is not intended for use with a browser, but rather for use with programs that parse large amounts of XML data.

10. What is XML?

Extensible Markup Language (XML) is a simple, very flexible text format. More information can be found about XML at www.w3c.org/XML. Also available in the Marketplace feed file is a .DTD file, which defines the structure of the XML file. The XML link above also has information about .DTD files.

11. Is this an RSS Feed?

The Marketplace feed is not an RSS feed. It is a large file and is not meant to be read more than once per day.

12. How often is the Marketplace feed updated?

The ClickBank Marketplace feed is updated every day at approximately 5:00 am Pacific Time, at the same time that the Marketplace is recalculated.

13. Will other versions of the Marketplace feed become available?

ClickBank expects that, over time, changes will be made to the feed. Each time a new feed is released, it will be given a new version number. ClickBank will make every attempt to maintain old version numbers, however no guarantees are made that all older versions will be maintained.

14. Can I download the Marketplace feed frequently?

The Marketplace feed only changes once per day. There is no reason to download it more than once per day.

15. How do I locate a recurring billing product in the ClickBank Marketplace?

In order to accommodate recurring billing, each Marketplace listing will acquire two new fields. The fields and their descriptions are listed below. You can use the "Product Type" filter to limit the Marketplace search results to only recurring billing products.
Future $: Average total rebill revenue earned by the affiliate due to sales from a site. Generally this equates to the average sum of all rebills. This does not include revenue from the initial sale.

Total $: The sum of all sales and rebills divided by the number of sales. It is the average total $ per sale, including all rebills that may come from that sale.

Marketplace Statistic Examples
Current:
$/sale: $25.90 | %/sale: 75.0% | %refd: 92.0% | grav: 194.23

Future with Rebills:
$/sale: $25.90 | Future $: $35.94 | Total $/sale: $61.84 | %/sale: 75.0% | %refd: 92.0% | grav: 194.23

Future without Rebills:
$/sale: $25.90 | Future $: - | Total $/sale: $25.90 | %/sale: 75.0% | %refd: 92.0% | grav: 194.23

To locate recurring billing products in the Marketplace refer to products that contain a value in the "future$" statistic.
Back to top Go down

Clickbank FAQ - Marketplace FAQ
Page 1 of 1