Job98456
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Job98456

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CLIP & SAVE GUIDE: Top copywriting tips when you can't afford to hire a pro

Go down 
AuthorMessage
raj_mmm9

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2008-03-08

CLIP & SAVE GUIDE: Top copywriting tips when you can't afford to hire a pro Empty
PostSubject: CLIP & SAVE GUIDE: Top copywriting tips when you can't afford to hire a pro   CLIP & SAVE GUIDE: Top copywriting tips when you can't afford to hire a pro EmptyFri 14 Mar - 21:01

I'm always taken aback when people label me a copywriter. Technically, I'm not. I write about effective copywriting for the Web and email - e.g., copy that prompts readers to become customers. But I'm not formally trained as a direct response copywriter.

And like many of you, I can't afford to hire a pricey professional copywriter when it comes to crafting persuasive copy for my site. I write by trial and error. And rewrite a lot, especially on the product pages in the WordBiz store.

Writing "sales copy" is a particular challenge for me. Perhaps because I am formally schooled as a journalist, both reporter and editor. I'm wary of hype.

Professional copywriter David Garfinkel told me: "The more education you have, the less good a copywriter you will be. Copywriting is really the everyday spoken language in written form."

Gulp... OK, so I have too many degrees. I need help.

I decided to toss out the following question to a bunch of my favorite copywriters:

If you don't have the budget to hire a professional copywriter, what are the top three tips you'd offer a non-writer who's charged with developing results-oriented copy for a Web site?

The answers I got are so good I've compiled them into an e-book report. Download instantly as a PDF.
Back to top Go down

CLIP & SAVE GUIDE: Top copywriting tips when you can't afford to hire a pro
Page 1 of 1