Job98456
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Job98456

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

EMAIL MARKETING – Required, a Method in the Madness

Go down 
AuthorMessage
raj_mmm9

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2008-03-08

EMAIL MARKETING – Required, a Method in the Madness Empty
PostSubject: EMAIL MARKETING – Required, a Method in the Madness   EMAIL MARKETING – Required, a Method in the Madness EmptyWed 19 Mar - 0:07

As you get started in internet marketing all of you might have come across gurus proclaiming their wisdom that “the money is in the list “. Like all newbies to marketing you start focusing on building your list . You try every software ,every promotion method in an attempt to build your list of subscribers.

Now that you have your list of faithful subscribers, you are told (by the same gurus) to provide valuable information to the list to build a relationship and trust with your subscribers. The theory is, the more your list of subscribers see you as an expert and their well wisher(!), they will just quickly make a beeline to the site you are promoting and with every mail you send, you will rake in pots of gold with the commissions on purchases made by your subscribers.

Now let us shift to what the experienced marketers themselves are doing. To be fair to them, they also do the same thing they advice you to do. But then, they also do it mindlessly.

I got a mail from a respected marketer recently, preselling one of the Late Corey Rudl’s products. The products of Corey, as we all know, are quite the things you need in your internet marketing, and the way Corey has mentored many a internet millionaire, one can be sure that his products still remain as top resources for anyone getting started in internet business.

But I digress – the marketer’s mail goes on to tell me that “last week” Corey has given him special permission to offer the product at a special discount to the marketer’s subscribers, and in a recent update, Corey had said that 80 sales has happened in one week alone!

C’mon, even a newbie like me has mourned the sad demise of Corey Rudl, and felt a loss and void at having him with us no longer. The man, a legend in his lifetime and a mentor to many like me, would turn in his grave if he sees the way the marketers market nowadays. Mindlessly they promote stuff by copying and pasting some promotional mail, without even trying to see what the subscribers need. Email marketing taught to us by Corey has much more to it that just flooding your subscribers with “special offers”, “promotions” and the like. Whatever happened to preselling, need analysis, and closing the sale with leaving the buyer feeling he got what he wanted?

Unlike other marketers who submit their articles to ezines for ultimately making readers to click to their site and buy something, I wrote this article just out of a frustration, and a pain that marketing is not done the right way. In fact, you may notice that my bio at the bottom shows a site called www.homeremediesandcures.com, and is not in any way related to internet marketing. (I make my money out of adsense ads and clickbank products on home remedies – am doing quite well, thank you).
Back to top Go down

EMAIL MARKETING – Required, a Method in the Madness
Page 1 of 1