Job98456
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Job98456

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vindictive Clickbank Vendors and Affiliate Bowling

Go down 
AuthorMessage
raj_mmm9

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2008-03-08

Vindictive Clickbank Vendors and Affiliate Bowling Empty
PostSubject: Vindictive Clickbank Vendors and Affiliate Bowling   Vindictive Clickbank Vendors and Affiliate Bowling EmptyTue 18 Mar - 13:42

Recently I received an email from Clickbank stating that one of my accounts was scheduled for deletion due to an email from a vendor. The vendor’s id was soccerfr. He complained that my site outranked his for his main keywords. On this basis and the fact that I have "clickbank" in my domain they cancelled my account.

He claimed that I stold his top ranking for the keyword "soccer drills". Well I am no where near the top and neither is he. From what I can tell, he caused his own problem. Doing a backlick check on Google, he must have done some sort of no-no. And when this happened he lashed out and took it out on me. But the fact is that Clickbank allowed it.

As far as the trademark issue goes, if I had "google" in my domain I could see the issue or if I had "verizon" in my name. But "clickbank" is only trademarked as one word. In a domain, this could be be seen as either "clickbank" or "click bank". Unless, of course, they also trademarked "click" and "bank".

Then there is the issue of many other sites out there using Clickbank in their domain.

Just a warning to other affiliates out there. For more information on this vendor, see Alexa.
Back to top Go down

Vindictive Clickbank Vendors and Affiliate Bowling
Page 1 of 1