Job98456
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Job98456

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Airtel USB Modem Software Drivers for Windows Vista

Go down 
AuthorMessage
bharath_ddd7

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2008-03-15

Airtel USB Modem Software Drivers for Windows Vista Empty
PostSubject: Airtel USB Modem Software Drivers for Windows Vista   Airtel USB Modem Software Drivers for Windows Vista EmptySat 5 Apr - 18:15

Windows Vista, the latest Microsoft Operating System, was released a year ago and most softwares now support it. Its surprising that Airtel has still not officially released any Windows Vista drivers to support wireless internet connections. I tried installing the provided software (just in case!), but the Airtel USB modem will simply not install on Vista. The system requirements on the website still show Windows 2000 / Windows XP only.

Wireless broadband internet is the future. India is a highly competitive market for selling internet connections, with the market being dominated by top companies like Reliance, Tata Indicom, MTNL, BSNL, etc. I had chosen Airtel since they were the only ISP to offer a Rs.999 unlimited download offer. Others had a limited bandwidth or pay per hour deal. So I decided to buy the expensive Rs.5000+ USB Modem. I preferred it over the similar costing Airtel PCMCIA data card which could only be used on a notebook. The USB modem can be used on any computer after installing the software (web enable any computer, anywhere in India!).

Well so how do you use the Airtel USB modem on Windows Vista. My friend who was stuck with a similar problem was suggested by an Airtel employee that the software was available on the Airtel website. Download it here (.zip file).

I downloaded the software (I could trust it for the only reason it was hosted in the official Airtel site), and though it alerted me once that my modem was ‘not fully supported’, it was better than ‘not supported’. The installation went without any problem. The internet connection is stable and averages a little less than 128kbps. Maybe the official announcement for the new software will be out soon. Till then be assured that this article is going live via a Window Vista notebook powered by an Airtel USB modem… so I guess it is working. [Tip by Rajesh].
Back to top Go down

Airtel USB Modem Software Drivers for Windows Vista
Page 1 of 1