Job98456
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Job98456

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How do i get airtel broadband connection on my laptop from desktop thru wireless router

Go down 
AuthorMessage
naveen98456

Number of posts : 1264
Registration date : 2008-03-08

How do i get airtel broadband connection on my laptop from desktop thru wireless router Empty
PostSubject: How do i get airtel broadband connection on my laptop from desktop thru wireless router   How do i get airtel broadband connection on my laptop from desktop thru wireless router EmptyWed 26 Mar - 15:16

I have 256 KBPS Airtel Broadband connection in New Delhi, i want to use the same connection on my laptop through a wireless router. I am looking for the following information:

1. Which is the best router for this? I have to use this at my home only. Approx. price also if you know that...
2. Can you please tell me the connection setup for this?
1. Any DSL wireless router will do. Both Linksys and Netgear are good, but Netgear is cheaper. I just bought Netgear WGR614 for Rs. 2100 from Nehru Place. You can also buy the router from airtel itself but that will be very expensive.
2. Unfortunately, Connection setup isn't straight-forward and airtel customer care people do not help. I have written a howto for setting up the router at http://sanjaygoel.blogspot.com/2006/12/s...
Let me know if you run into any issues.
1 year ago
ok first thing you needed a router with wirless features
i my openion in these days DLINK routers are the best one and the prise for the single connectin will be approx 6000 thouand and more then this but it will definetly solve your problem
secoundly the setup will be esay and you have ever done an installation of network devices it is gooing to be esay
just plug the router in the board install driver of the router on the laptop and make some extra setting with the hepl of referenc book and it is over
There isn't really a "best" router, just depends on your budget. Get any Wi-Fi certified router and Wi-Fi cetified card for the laptop. The setup bascially goes like this.

Broadband connection will go into the WAN port on the router. Connect the PC to one of the ports on the hub of the router, most have 4 ports. You have to enable the wireless radio on the router to send the signal to the wireless card. You need to have the same SSID on the router and wireless card. Once you have the basic connection established then you can implement the security settings and lock down your Internet connection by only allowing the MAC addresses from the PC and wireless card to access the Internet. That way no one can piggy-back onto your Wireless LAN (WLAN) reducing your available bandwidth and possibly hacking into your systems.
Back to top Go down

How do i get airtel broadband connection on my laptop from desktop thru wireless router
Page 1 of 1