Job98456
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Job98456

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So you've bought an "Adsense" Website, What Do You Do with It?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
naveen98456

Number of posts : 1264
Registration date : 2008-03-08

So you've bought an "Adsense" Website, What Do You Do with It? Empty
PostSubject: So you've bought an "Adsense" Website, What Do You Do with It?   So you've bought an "Adsense" Website, What Do You Do with It? EmptyFri 21 Mar - 16:37

There's one question I get asked regularly by customers of my Plug'nProfit websites...

"How do I get people to visit my new website?"

You see its all well and good buying these websites, but uploading them onto your hosting account is not the end of the story. You need to get people to stop by and click on a few Adsense links when they leave!

For the first timer there are basically two ways to do this:

1) Pay to have visitors sent to your website.
No not those 10000 hits for $50 scams, I'm talking Pay Per Click and the most reputable is Google Adwords. Essentially what you do is set up an advertising campaign based on different keywords, and when somebody clicks on your advertisement, you get billed. The amounts you pay depend on how many other people are also targeting those same keywords.

The secret is to find keywords which get good traffic, and which enough people are bidding on, so that you can get your ad on the bottom of page one, or the top of page two of Google's search page (these are the sponsored ads on the left of the page). This means when people click on your Adwords ad, there is enough of a difference between what you pay for the click, and what you earn from people clicking on your Adsense ads to make a profit (if you only display one group of two or four Adsense ads, they will be high value ads - hint, hint!).

I don't intend to teach you how to get started using Google Adwords, people still write books on the subject and they only just scratch the surface. Perhaps the best ebook ever written on the topic is Perry Marshall's "The Definitive Guide to Google Adwords".

Be warned... This method is not for the lazy or the feint of heart - You have to keep tracking and fine tuning your ads to make them profitable (pay attention to my hint!).

2) Get other websites to link to yours
This is what the internet is all about - a network of interlinked websites. The basic ranking criterion of a search engine is this - The website with the most relevant links pointing to it must be authoritative, and therefore be ranked highest.

Every search engine optimizer knows this, and from day one they have been trying to beat the search engines at their own game - Don't go down this road, you'll end up a paranoid nervous wreck!

Your time is better spent getting other websites to link to yours, and from a purely SEO point of view, the simple secret is to get links from websites of a similar theme to yours. When you first start out you should look for websites that receive a fair bit of traffic, as some of this traffic will be funneled through the link to your website.

Don't bother trying to get a Plug'nProfit website into a "big" directory like DMOZ, they'll just bin your application. By all means add your link details to the many automated directories; just don't expect much traffic from them. The value of these links is that they are one way and some search engines still view them as valid links.

For a list of SEO friendly directories you can add your site to, enter "seo friendly directory list" into your favorite search engine.

Take a few minutes each day to add your website link to a few directories, just be aware that it's going to take some time to get through the entire list... You could of course get a "blaster" to send your links to a great many of these directories automatically.

One final point - the search engines view any sudden increase in the number of inbound links to a low traffic website as a manipulation attempt, so go gently and make the increase seem normal, especially for a new website - as your traffic increases so you can increase the rate at which you add links.
Back to top Go down

So you've bought an "Adsense" Website, What Do You Do with It?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Job98456 :: Google-
Jump to: