Job98456
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Job98456

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Yahoo! Give Yourself The Ultimate Home Page

Go down 
AuthorMessage
raj_mmm9

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2008-03-08

My Yahoo! Give Yourself The Ultimate Home Page Empty
PostSubject: My Yahoo! Give Yourself The Ultimate Home Page   My Yahoo! Give Yourself The Ultimate Home Page EmptyMon 17 Mar - 16:19

First, you check your email. Next, CNN.com for the news. Later, you look at three weather sites (in order to get two forecasts that agree with each other) and then drift over to a handful of blogs and hobby sites you like. It’s a ritual by now, and it’s a comfy one.

If your browser supports tabs, you could set it to open each of the above sites in a separate tab as soon as you launch the browser. Better still, you could make a single home page that automatically fetches the most current information from most of your favorite sites. Make that page easy to use and accessible from any online computer, and you’re talking about My Yahoo! (my.yahoo.com).

My Yahoo pulls content from Web sites that offer RSS (Really Simple Syndication) feeds. Typical RSS feeds offer headlines of current news, blog entries, and other material. Each headline is hyperlinked to an article on the originating site.

We found that My Yahoo! displayed just fine on the popular Firefox and Internet Explorer browsers, as well as on Mozilla and Netscape 8 (using either Firefox’s or IE’s rendering engine). Here’s how to make a page of your own.

Get Started

If you haven’t already signed up for a free Yahoo! ID username and password or if your browser isn’t set to automatically supply them when asked, my.yahoo.com will take you to a sign-in page. Click Sign Up to create a new Yahoo! ID or click Sign In to enter your existing one. For more details on the registration process, flip back to the previous article in this issue, “Identify Yourself”, on page 20.
Back to top Go down

My Yahoo! Give Yourself The Ultimate Home Page
Page 1 of 1