Job98456
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Job98456

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Boast Your Blog: Top Seven Copywriting Tips and Techniques

Go down 
AuthorMessage
raj_mmm9

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2008-03-08

Boast Your Blog: Top Seven Copywriting Tips and Techniques Empty
PostSubject: Boast Your Blog: Top Seven Copywriting Tips and Techniques   Boast Your Blog: Top Seven Copywriting Tips and Techniques EmptySat 15 Mar - 23:10

. Write Informally and Conversationally
You’re not writing a formal article or essay. You’re speaking from your heart as much as your head and often conveying emotion as much as reason. To one degree or another that’s exactly how a blog post should be written, as if you are writing to a friend.

2. Read and Learn from Other Bloggers
Business technology expert Dave Taylor suggests one of the best ways to learn your blogging voice is to “read a lot of other bloggers and ask yourself whether you’re comfortable with their writing style.”

Before starting your blog, spend two weeks reading blogs written by experienced bloggers. That will give you much better insight as to how to write yours.

3. Identify Your Audience
Who are you targeting with your blog? Is it the luxury real estate market, condo owners, vacation home buyers, suburban or urban, young or old? Once you have a sense of the demographic, try and boil your audience down to one person, then let your writing style and content be what would appeal to and best relate to that person.

4. Check Spelling
While I do believe blogs should be written in an informal style, if you are writing for business purposes, I suggest you pay attention to spelling. Fortunately, most blog platforms now come with a spell check function, so it’s easy to do. Or, do what I often do, and go to Dictionary.com.

5. Use Proper Grammar
The use of proper grammar is a necessity for a business blog. That does not mean you are forbidden to use colloquialisms, or occasional forays into the use of poor grammar for effect. Ordinarily though, it is in your best interest to be as grammatically correct as possible.

6. Using Proper Formatting
Unlike print, there is no need to put two spaces between sentences. One space will do. Also, left align each paragraph and put a double break between them. It makes the page on screen much more readable. Use a font size that everyone can read. Many bloggers are Internet generation 20-somethings and can read small text, but many of your readers will be older and shouldn’t have to strain to read your content. A font size of 10-12 points should meet everyone’s needs.

7. Write Original Material
It would be very easy to just copy and paste what others have written, then write a comment or two of your own. However, doing so doesn’t really convey a sense of who you are, what you know, or what you believe. I suggest, at least occasionally, that you write a thoroughly original post. It’s harder to do, but writing original content is one of the best ways to really declare your personal perspective.

Richard Nacht is the president of Blogging Systems, providing blog networks for the lending and real estate industries. Visit www.bloggingsystems.com to learn more.
Back to top Go down

Boast Your Blog: Top Seven Copywriting Tips and Techniques
Page 1 of 1