Job98456
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Job98456

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Indian Broadband: Crawling

Go down 
AuthorMessage
bharath_ddd7

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2008-03-15

Indian Broadband: Crawling Empty
PostSubject: Indian Broadband: Crawling   Indian Broadband: Crawling EmptyThu 27 Mar - 17:31

BSNL “Broadband” is slowly slipping in the mediocrity; something that we routinely associate with BSNL’s services.

The speeds have slowed down to a crawl, specially in the morning hours; something that is totally unwarranted. It is difficult to trace the problem; earlier on one such occassion, an “engineer” visited my place with his laptop (yup, they have advanced to such an extent) and tried to diagnose the “problem”. Despite repeated pleas, he was “happy to announce” that 200k was a “good speed”. I could have stuffed, whatever I have including the Huawei modem, in his….mouth. (Well, I can’t be acussed of “unparliamentary language every time). Next time, I hope that he doesn’t think from his reproductive organs.

While the access largely depends on the server load/ routing traffic et al, I believe that constrained bandwidth makes things uglier.

It isn’t all good with Airtel either. I had the oppurtunity to “check out” their 256k connections- they crawled in a similar manner to their BSNL counterparts. Speeds dipped even slower to than advertised in the “best case scenario”. It is to be expected. When Airtel advertises, “speeds upto 256k”, it means that you would be stupid enough to expect speeds of 256. This is magic figure, beyond which, the entire Telecom machinery(and media) goes in for a mass hysteria, starts convulsing and swooning out of elation with foams at their mouths about “broadband enabled India”. Hail the next IT superpower guys! We rule the f***ing IT WORLD! (If you discount the discredited term of data entry operators- we SURELY do RULE the planet with our IT prowess. Data Entry Operator is a BAD word).

I have no means to verify for the other ISP’s; with the current scenario, they are offering nothing better.
Back to top Go down

Indian Broadband: Crawling
Page 1 of 1