Job98456
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Job98456

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yahoo Sings A New Tune

Go down 
AuthorMessage
naveen98456

Number of posts : 1264
Registration date : 2008-03-08

Yahoo Sings A New Tune Empty
PostSubject: Yahoo Sings A New Tune   Yahoo Sings A New Tune EmptySun 23 Mar - 2:10

Since the beginning of the year, Yahoo has looked for ways to separate itself from its competitors as an online brand. Product specific portals, socially driven search and suggestions, and efforts in expanding citizen journalism are just a few of the ways in which the company is trying to accomplish this feat.

Yahoo's latest offering in original programming, however, could leave many new viewers scratching their heads in confusion; or, more aptly, covering their ears in dismay.

The project, entitled “Odd News Underground”, will feature news delivered in a unique format; it will be sung by the anchorperson.

"This project will create an entirely new kind of news beat, so stay tuned," Scott Moore, Head of News & Information at Yahoo says in an article covering the announcement.

"All I can say for now is that this reporter will leave you tapping your feet."

Odd News Underground is the first original programming venture from Yahoo News since last year's launch of "The Hot Zone With Kevin Sites," a documentary that chronicled Mr. Site’s journeys to areas around the world that have been ravaged by war.

It remains to be seen if the “singing anchor” will turn out to be the next great innovation in news reporting, or whether it will join the ranks of all the other Internet ventures that “seemed like good ideas at the time” but ended up as colossal failures.

No firm details concerning program launch or the choice of anchor have been released as of yet, although according to sources Yahoo already has someone in mind.

If I can make a suggestion, however, I hear that Connie Chung is looking for work. She’s got a background in both news and vocals, so it seems like a perfect marriage to me.
Back to top Go down

Yahoo Sings A New Tune
Page 1 of 1