Job98456
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Job98456

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

del.icio.us acquired by Yahoo!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
naveen98456

Number of posts : 1264
Registration date : 2008-03-08

del.icio.us acquired by Yahoo! Empty
PostSubject: del.icio.us acquired by Yahoo!   del.icio.us acquired by Yahoo! EmptySun 23 Mar - 1:53

Congratulations to another one of my favorite tools getting some support from a big dog like Yahoo!.

It’s interesting to note that they’re going to be working closely with Flickr, another Yahoo company. Also interesting to see that Yahoo already has a competing service with MyWeb 2.0, but Jeremy Zawodny of Yahoo says that they’ll probably end up borrowing ideas from each other.

What sort of integration will take place? I’ve been impressed so far with how little Flickr has changed after being acquired by Yahoo, so hopefully delicious has a similar experience. What’s clear is Yahoo! is making a serious Web 2.o play, and is choosing to buy rather than build a lot of these technologies. While Google has also been acquiring startups, they usually don’t acquire companies as high profile as Flickr and delicious. I think a results of this is that a lot of the hip techie crowd is going to start speaking more favorably towards Yahoo. We’ll see.

del.icio.us investor Fred Wilson also comments on the
Back to top Go down

del.icio.us acquired by Yahoo!
Page 1 of 1